Better Notifications, Interactive Tweets, and a New Logo Among New Features in the Updated Twitter app
Not content to remain a simple conduit for billions and billions of tweets, the developers behind the Twitter app for iOS have introduced several new features in version 4.3.
Look, you use the Twitter app everyday and you’re familiar with it’s strengths and weaknesses, so let’s get right to what’s new:
- Push notifications let you know whenever those you follow send out a tweet
- A newly designed event experience pulls the best photos and tweets related to select occasions
- Expanded tweets means that content previews will be available for those tweets that contain links to partner websites. This means videos, images, etc. (feature to be rolled out gradually)
- Non-intrusive notifications show up in the status bar while you use the app
- The new Twitter bird has made his/her way to the app icon!
… But that’s just what you’ll notice on the outside. The developers also promise that they’ve made performance improvements all around. Some of the less exciting additions to the app include Hungarian language support, tappable avatars, search autocomplete for users, and a hand full of bug and crash fixes.
Were you happy with the Twitter app the way it was, or was this kind of update just what you needed to reignite the tweeting fire within?